2022 CPSA Director Elections
Vacancies have arisen for the three positions of East Midlands Region Director, South West Region Director and one National Director to join the Association’s Board, following the current three-year terms for each of these posts expiring. All of these positions will run from immediately after the Association's AGM in March 2022.
To continue with the development of the Association the Board needs members with the appropriate skills, board experience and knowledge to operate successfully at strategic level. Members who can bring significant relevant business and governance capability to the boardroom to complement the skills and knowledge of the existing directors, along with a good knowledge and understanding of clay target shooting, are particularly welcome. There is an expectation to attend board meetings, AGM's and Championships throughout the year to represent the CPSA Nationally and Regionally.
Eligible members may apply for one position only by using either the online nomination process or the official nomination and pen portrait forms - (please see links at bottom of page). Once completed, these forms must be emailed to email@example.com and also copied to Ben.Halton@civica.co.uk or posted and marked FAO Ben Halton, Civca election Services, 33 Clarendon Road, London N8 0NW by 4pm on Friday 5th November 2021. Faxed copies will not be accepted. Nominees should ask for a written confirmation of receipt if required and provide either their email address or a stamped addressed envelope.
The nomination forms must carry the following information:
• Candidate’s name and CPSA number
• The position applied for
• The names, CPSA numbers and original signatures of at least 10 individual members, all of whom must be aged 18 or above and current members of the CPSA.
• A current passport approved photo of the candidate
• A completed ‘pen portrait’ form of no more than 300 words, outlining the candidate’s qualifications, experience and suitability for the strategic post of legal director of the Association, which is also a company limited by guarantee. Please note that any written submission containing more than 300 words will be cut at 300 words, regardless of what follows.
A brief summary of the duties and responsibilities of a director and the code of conduct are available to download below.
• A daytime contact telephone number.
Civica election Services must receive all original applications by the date specified. Any nominations received after this date will be discarded without exception. The following conditions apply:
• There is no limit to the number of nominations for each position
• All candidates must be over 18 years of age
• All regional nominees must be resident in the region for which they are being nominated
• Any nominations that are incomplete, do not comply with the above rules, or that, in the opinion of Civica Election Services following consultation with CPSA management, contain false or misleading information will be discarded
• No extra publicity for any candidate will be permitted outside of his or her own ‘pen portrait’ in PULL! magazine or posted on the CPSA website