2020 CPSA Director Elections
Vacancies have arisen for the positions of West Midlands Region Director and one National Director to join the Association’s Board, following the current three-year term for each of these two posts expiring. These are for a three-year term to run from immediately after the Association’s AGM on 21st March 2020 to the AGM in 2023.
To continue with the development of the Association the Board needs members with the appropriate skills, board experience and knowledge to operate successfully at strategic level. Members who can bring significant relevant business and governance capability to the Boardroom to complement the skills and knowledge of the existing directors, along with a good knowledge and understanding of clay target shooting, are particularly welcome. There is an expectation to attend Board meetings, AGM's and Championships throughout the year to represent the CPSA Nationally and Regionally.
Eligible members may apply for one position only using the official nomination and pen portrait forms, available to download (see links below). Nominations for these elections must be received by and marked FAO Ben Halton, The Election Centre, 33 Clarendon road, London N8 0NW by 4pm on Friday 1st November 2019. Please ensure that any nominations are sent in writing by post. Faxed, scanned or e-mailed copies will not be accepted. Nominees should ask for written confirmation of a receipt and enclose either their email address or a stamped, addressed envelope.
The nomination forms must carry the following information:
• Candidate’s name and CPSA membership number.
• The position applied for.
• The Names, CPSA membership numbers and original signatures of at least 10 individual members, all of whom must be aged 18 or above and current members of the CPSA.
• A current passport approved photo of the candidate.
• A completed ‘pen portrait’ form of no more than 300 words, outlining the candidate’s qualifications, experience and suitability for the strategic post of director of the Association, which is also a company limited by guarantee. Please note that any written submission containing more than 300 words will be cut at 300 words, regardless of what follows. A brief summary of the duties and responsibilities of a director and the code of conduct are available to download.
• A daytime contact telephone number.
The Election Centre (Electoral Reform Services Ltd) must receive all original applications by the date specified. Any nominations received after this date will be discarded without exception.
The following conditions apply:
• There is no limit to the number of nominations for each position.
• All candidates must be 18 years of age or over.
• All regional nominees must be resident in the region for which they are being nominated.
• Any nominations that are incomplete, do not comply with the above rules, or that, in the opinion of The Election Centre, following consultation with CPSA management, contain false or misleading information will be discarded.
• No extra publicity for any candidate will be permitted outside of his or her own ‘pen portrait’ in PULL! magazine or posted on the CPSA website.
Click here to download the Director Nomination Form
Click here to download the Director Candidate Profile Document
Click here to download the Duties and Responsibilities Document
Click here to download the Code of Conduct document