We're Hiring: Events Executive (Business Development)
Clay Pigeon Shooting Association
Salary: £24 000
Location: Bisley, Surrey
Contract type: Permanent (Full time)
Closing date: 21 September 2018
Based in Surrey, the CPSA is actively seeking a full-time team player to manage the busy events calendar for the Association, with a focus on brand exposure and business development.
Are you a motivated and enthusiastic individual with a passion for delivering great events? We are looking for someone who is hard-working to join our team to oversee and co-ordinate a busy annual event calendar in the sports world.
The Clay Pigeon Shooting Association (CPSA) is the National Governing Body for clay target shooting in England. With ‘growth’ at the heart of everything we do, our ambitions mean that the event calendar is flourishing and there is an increased requirement for closer relationships with our ‘Business Members’.
We are looking for a dynamic and determined individual who can hit the ground running, getting involved with all aspects of sports life. Our events range from major exhibitions and shooting championships to our annual Awards Dinner and closed events for members. They all require an integrated approach across departments to ensure success, so a dynamic team player with great negotiation skills will thrive in this role.
• Manage the end-to-end process for all events – external, exhibitions, and those hosted by CPSA – with the aim of driving up membership and enhancing business relationships
• Maintain successful events within defined budgets
• Responsible for all administration associated with our events and programmes
• Responsible for the operational delivery of a portfolio of events. Managing the logistical planning and ensuring high quality engagement and exceptional experience are achieved for each event.
• Attend and manage the events as well as set up and break down
• Assemble all event collateral including writing content to promote the events
• Planning and assisting in carrying out email marketing and social media campaigns related to events
• Identify possible venues and assist with their selection
• Liaise with venues to ensure all our requirements are met
• Responsible for data management, pre, during and post events, ensuring all delegates are added to our CRM system
• Think creatively to develop all business offerings
• Liaise with ‘Business Members’ to create Trade Villages at CPSA Championships
• Grow the ‘CPSA Business Club’, working to strengthen existing partnerships and introduce and develop new ones.
• Support in the activation management of sponsor relationships
• Work with our county and regional structure to develop local coverage at events
Your experience will include:
• Extremely well-organised with the ability to multi-task – you’ll need to be able to juggle many projects or tasks at once
• Proven experience in writing and maintaining event project plans and managing an event from start to finish
• Clear understanding of how industry events / exhibitions run and operate.
• Experience of using email and DM, or other channels, to drive awareness of events and deliver good attendee numbers of the right quality
• Copywriting skills, with proven past experience of using content management systems and email software
• Being creative in problem solving situations
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Experience in social media content development and channel management, including advertising campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn)
• Exceptional attention to detail and marketing planning skills
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum GCSE standard education, diploma qualification or above preferred (level CIM/IDM)
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience in event co-ordination, or event management.
What’s in it for you?
As well as joining a vibrant team on a generous basic salary we will also give you 23 days holiday, company pension scheme and other benefits including: honorary membership of the CPSA, access to all CPSA member benefits, compensation for weekend work with additional days off in lieu. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
How to apply
To apply for the Events Executive position, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com and tell us what you think of clay shooting as a sport and why you’d be a great asset to the team.