West Midlands Regional Director vacancy
The post of West Midlands Director will become vacant after the Association's AGM on 25th March 2017 and members with an interest in helping to promote and develop the Association, along with appropriate knowledge, skills and experience are invited to put themselves forward for election to the role. The position is for a three year term until the Association’s AGM in March 2020.
To continue with the development of the Association the Board needs members with the appropriate skills, Board experience and knowledge to operate effectively at strategic level. Members who can bring significant relevant business experience to the Boardroom to complement the skills and knowledge of the existing directors, along with a good knowledge and understanding of clay target shooting, are particularly welcome.
Eligible members may apply for the position using the official nomination and pen portrait forms - available to download here, or call the office for a copy to be posted to you. Nominations for these elections must be received by our auditors, haysmacintyre, 26 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4AG, by 4pm on Friday 24th March 2017. Please ensure that any nominations are sent in writing. Faxed, scanned or e-mailed copies will not be acceptable. Nominees should ask for a written receipt by sending a stamped, addressed envelope. The nomination forms must carry the following information:-
• Candidate’s name and CPSA number
• The position applied for
• The names, CPSA numbers and original signatures of at least 10 individual members, all of whom must be aged 18 or above and current members of the CPSA - to download the nomination form, click here.
• A current passport photo of the candidate
• A completed ‘pen portrait’ form of no more than 300 words, outlining the candidate’s qualifications, experience and suitability for the strategic post of legal director of the Association, which is also a company limited by guarantee.
Please note that any written submission containing more than 300 words will be cut at 300 words, regardless of what follows. A brief summary of the duties and responsibilities of a director is available for guidance - available to download from the CPSA website here or call the office for a copy to be posted to you.
• A daytime contact telephone number
haysmacintyre must receive all original applications by the date specified. Any nominations received after this date will be discarded without exception. The following conditions apply:-
• There is no limit to the number of nominations for each position
• All candidates must be over 18 years of age
• All nominees for regional positions must be a resident in the region for which they are being nominated
• Any nominations that are incomplete, do not comply with the above rules, or that, in the opinion of haysmacintyre following consultation with CPSA management, contain false or misleading information will be discarded
• No extra publicity for any candidate will be permitted outside of his or her own ‘pen portrait’ in PULL! magazine or posted on the CPSA website
• All Directors are required to sign and agree to comply with the Directors' Code of Conduct prior to taking up the role. The Code may be downloaded here.
Click here to download the Director Nomination Form
Click here to download the Director Candidate Profile Document
Click here to download the Directors' Code of Conduct