Safety Officer Requalification Process
Please note the process of notifying members who took their Safety Officer qualifications before 31st December 2014 of the need to renew their qualification has now started.
We are working forward from the oldest date so in due course you will receive an email or letter (if we don't have an email address) notifying you of the need to renew and you will have 3 months from receipt of the email or letter to book on and take the online exam. You will have the opportunity to download the latest version of the Safety Officer manual during the process and whilst the exam has a time limit of 45 minutes, it is open book so you may refer to your manual if needed.
The fee to re-qualify for a further 5 year period is £10 and upon successful completion of the exam you will receive an updated Safety Officer certificate by email.
When you receive the notification email the process is as follows:
1) Click on the payment link in the email to go to the Safety Officer webpage and then click on the payment link to login in to the CPSA site and pay the course fee. If you do not have a CPSA website account already, you will need to create an account first and then it will take you to the payment page.
2) If you are notified by letter, as we don't have an email address for you, you will need to login to the Safety Officer webpage via www.cpsa.co.uk/sor and follow the process as in point 1 above.
3) Once you have paid, please check your email inbox for your booking confirmation.
4) Click on the exam link within the booking confirmation to start the exam. You will have two attempts to achieve the required passmark of 24 ex 30 (80%) and your results will be automatically submitted to CPSA HQ.
5) When you have passed the exam you will be emailed your certificate.