Job Opportunity - British Shooting
Development Activator - Part Time
British Shooting is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and highly organised individual with a track record in delivering grassroots sports projects to work with clubs, grounds, coaches and other stakeholders to deliver inclusive participation and talent development opportunities and to raise the profile of target shooting.
British Shooting is the umbrella body which represents the national governing bodies of international competitive target shooting within the Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth disciplines of small bore and full bore rifle and pistol, and shotgun. Based at Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre its core purpose is:
- A single contact for International Federations
- A single shooting body in receipt of public funding from UK Sport and Sport England
- The member body of the National Olympic Committee
- To oversee the development and preparation of world class shooters for success on the international stage
- To support the development of grassroots shooting in England
- To promote quality and professional governance for target shooting sports
The post holder will primarily be responsible for working in 2 counties in either the Midlands or South of the country, to deliver activity aligned to our 13 – 17 Whole Sport Plan targets of increasing disabled participation in the sport and the development and enhancement of the talent pathway as well supporting a programme of club development activity across the sport.
The successful candidates will need to demonstrate;
- Experience in coordinating and managing local partners to achieve an increase in participation
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills
- A high level of motivation to achieve and exceed targets
Hours: 0.4 FTE (15 hours per week)
Salary: c£25k per annum pro rata
Base: Based at home with frequent national travel and to head office at Bisham Abbey
Reports to: England Development Manager/ CEO
Direct reports: None
Contract: The appointment is for a fixed term of 12 months to help us cover maternity leave and is dependent on the on-going award of funding from both Sport England and UK Sport at a level that enables British Shooting to support this post.
Please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability and any relevant experience related to the position to email@example.com by 12 noon on 31st January 2016. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by 2nd February 2016 and interviews held week beginning 8th February 2016.
Please email Liz Davidson firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07931 775214
British Shooting is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.
January 6, 2016