2019 CPSA Director Elections
Vacancies have arisen for the three positions of South West Region Director, East Midland Region Director and a National Director to join the Association’s Board, following the current three-year terms for each of these posts expiring. These are for a three-year term to run from immediately after the Association’s AGM on 23rd March 2019 to the AGM in 2022.
To continue with the development of the Association the Board needs members with the appropriate skills, board experience and knowledge to operate successfully at strategic level. Members who can bring significant relevant business and governance capability to the Boardroom to complement the skills and knowledge of the existing directors, along with a good knowledge and understanding of clay target shooting, are particularly welcome.
Eligible members may apply for one position only using the official nomination and pen portrait forms, available to download by following the links. Nominations for these elections must be received by our auditors, haysmacintyre, 10 Queen Street Place, London EC4R 1AG, by 4pm on Friday 2nd November 2018. Please ensure that any nominations are sent in writing. Faxed, scanned or e-mailed copies will not be acceptable. Nominees should ask for written confirmation of a receipt and enclose either their email address or a stamped, addressed envelope.
The nomination forms must carry the following information:
• Candidate’s name and CPSA number.
• The position applied for.
• The names, CPSA numbers and original signatures of at least 10 individual members, all of whom must be aged 18 or above and current members of the CPSA - to download the nomination form, click here.
• A current passport approved photo of the candidate.
• A completed ‘pen portrait’ form of no more than 300 words, outlining the candidate’s qualifications, experience and suitability for the strategic post of director of the Association, which is also a company limited by guarantee. Please note that any written submission containing more than 300 words will be cut at 300 words, regardless of what follows. A brief summary of the duties and responsibilities of a director and the code of conduct are available to download.
• A daytime contact telephone number.
haysmacintyre must receive all original applications by the date specified. Any nominations received after this date will be discarded without exception.
The following conditions apply:
• There is no limit to the number of nominations for each position.
• All candidates must be 18 years of age or over.
• All regional nominees must be resident in the region for which they are being nominated.
• Any nominations that are incomplete, do not comply with the above rules, or that, in the opinion of haysmacintyre following consultation with CPSA management, contain false or misleading information will be discarded.
• No extra publicity for any candidate will be permitted outside of his or her own ‘pen portrait’ in PULL! magazine or posted on the CPSA website.