Marketing, Communications & PR Executive Vacancy
|Position Title||Marketing, Communications & PR Executive|
|Employment Type||Full time|
|Company||Clay Pigeon Shooting Association|
Based in Surrey, the CPSA is the governing body for clay target shooting in England, our vision is to lead, support, promote and continually develop the sport. We are actively seeking a full-time communications officer to play a key role in taking the CPSA to the next level in our ambitions.
The communication function is an important element for the Association, across all platforms with a focus on social media development and management.
The successful candidate will play a valuable part in supporting clay shooting communications and supporter engagement, increasing dialogue and reputational management. You will help secure sponsorship, prepare key messages and maintain CPSA’s public position as the lead body for clay shooting in England.
The communications officer will work closely with the events and championships teams to develop messaging to help develop awareness of all the activities on a local, regional and national level.
Developing Pull! Magazine (CPSA’s members magazine) with our contract publishing house is a focus of this position, continually striving for excellence with the title.
It is an ideal role for someone looking for in-house communications job in an exciting and growing sport. The job is fast paced and is involved in every element of the business. If you are recent graduate with a media background or someone with a years’ experience in a similar role this could be just the job for you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and tenacious individual who can hit the ground running while getting involved with all aspects of the sports life – from major events, championships, media relations, social media and communications planning to research and insight measurement and evaluation.
• planning, developing and implementing PR strategies
• liaising with colleagues and key spokespeople
• delivery of the CPSA communications calendar
• operation of CPSA social media channels focusing on engaging with users
• day to day website content maintenance and development
• delivery of digital communications to the CPSA network and wider interested databases via e-news
• liaising with and forwarding enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations, often via telephone and email
• researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
• collating and analysing media coverage
• overseeing and contributing to in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports
• involvement in the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes
• devising and coordinating photo opportunities
• operation support for CPSA events, including reporting (via all channels) shooting championships and events (weekend work)
• assisting in the development of and preparation of event materials
• Excellent command of the English language with sharp writing, editing, proofreading, and communication skills
• Ability to organise your own time effectively, meeting deadlines while showing good attention to detail and maintaining quality
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• A effective team player
• Fluency with Microsoft Office - experience of other specialist software, for instance hootsuite, photoshop and web editing - would be an advantage but not essential
• Capable of dealing with a high volume of work, managing their time to deliver work to deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
As well as joining a vibrant team on a generous basic salary we will also give you 23 day’s holiday, company pension scheme and other benefits including: honorary membership of the CPSA, access to all CPSA member benefits, compensation for weekend work with additional days off in lieu. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
How to Apply
To apply for the Communications & PR Executive position, please send your CV, covering letter and tell us what you think of clay shooting as a sport and why you’d be a great asset to the team to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview which will take place w/c 9th July 2018.
|Deadline for applications||30th June 2018|
|Salary||Circa £25,000 per annum|